As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As lifelong learners, TED Talks can be a valuable resource for expanding our knowledge and perspectives on a wide range of topics. Here are the top five TED Talks that we believe are the most powerful for anyone who wants to keep learning and growing throughout their lifetime.
- Angela Lee Duckworth: “Grit: The power of passion and perseverance” In this talk, Angela Lee Duckworth, a psychologist and researcher, explains how grit – a combination of passion and perseverance – is the key to success in any field. She draws on her own experiences teaching in some of the toughest schools in America and shares insights from her research on what separates high achievers from those who struggle.
- Elizabeth Gilbert: “Your elusive creative genius” Elizabeth Gilbert, author of the best-selling book “Eat, Pray, Love”, shares her insights on the creative process and how to overcome the fear of failure that can prevent us from pursuing our creative passions. She encourages us to embrace curiosity and playfulness in our creative endeavors, and to see failure as an inevitable and necessary part of the journey.
- Sir Ken Robinson: “Do schools kill creativity?” Sir Ken Robinson, an educator and creativity expert, challenges the traditional model of education that he believes stifles creativity and innovation in young people. He argues that we need to transform our education system to foster creativity and help students discover their unique talents and passions.
- Brené Brown: “The power of vulnerability” In this powerful talk, researcher and author Brené Brown shares her insights on the importance of vulnerability and how it can lead to deeper connections and a more fulfilling life. She discusses the societal pressure to always appear strong and in control, and how embracing vulnerability can help us overcome shame, fear, and self-doubt.
- Simon Sinek: “How great leaders inspire action” Simon Sinek, author and leadership expert, explores why some leaders and organizations are able to inspire others while others struggle to gain traction. He emphasizes the importance of starting with “why” – a clear sense of purpose and values – to create a sense of connection and loyalty among followers.
These five TED Talks offer valuable insights and inspiration for anyone who is committed to lifelong learning and personal growth. By watching and reflecting on these talks, we can gain a little extra inspiration on grit, creativity, education, vulnerability, and leadership that can help us continue on the joyous journey of lifelong learning.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.