As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As we grow older, we tend to lose the playful attitude that we had as children. However, play is not just for kids, and there are many benefits to incorporating play into our daily lives, even as adults. Educational toys are an excellent way to engage in play while also learning new skills or knowledge. Here are some of the best educational toys for adults.
- Puzzles: Puzzles are a great way to improve cognitive skills such as problem-solving, spatial awareness, and memory retention. There are many different types of puzzles to choose from, including jigsaw puzzles, 3D puzzles, and logic puzzles.
- Board Games: Board games offer a fun way to socialize while also engaging in strategic thinking, decision-making, and problem-solving. There are many different types of board games available, from classic games like Chess and Monopoly to newer games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride.
- Building Blocks: Building blocks are not just for kids! Building sets like Legos and K’NEX can help adults develop spatial awareness, problem-solving skills, and creativity. They also offer a relaxing and satisfying way to unwind after a long day.
- Coding Kits: With the rise of technology, coding has become an increasingly valuable skill to have. Coding kits like Raspberry Pi and Arduino offer a fun and interactive way to learn programming skills, even for those with no prior experience.
- Art Supplies: Art is not just a fun and creative outlet; it also offers numerous cognitive and emotional benefits. Investing in some quality art supplies, like paint sets or sketch pads, can help adults explore their creativity and improve their fine motor skills.
No matter what your interests are, there is an educational toy out there for you. So don’t be afraid to embrace your playful side and invest in some toys that can help you learn and grow.
If you’re interested in learning more about educational toys for adults, here are a few excellent books to check out:
- “The Big Book of Building: Everything Minecraft®™ Imagine it… Create it… Build it” by Triumph Books
- “Code Your Own Games!: 20 Games to Create with Scratch” by Max Wainewright
- “The Art of Creative Thinking: 89 Ways to See Things Differently” by Rod Judkins.
Ready to Fill Your Toybox? Here are some items to get you started:
- LEGO Architecture Sets – These sets are great for learning about famous buildings and architecture.
- Rubik’s Cube – A classic puzzle toy that helps with spatial reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- 3D Printing Pen – This allows you to create 3D models with a handheld pen, perfect for learning about design and engineering.
- Brain Teaser Puzzles – There are many different types of brain teaser puzzles, such as tangrams and wooden puzzles, that can improve your problem-solving abilities.
- Science Experiment Kits – There are many different science kits available, such as crystal growing kits or circuit building kits, that can teach you about science and engineering.
- Sphero Mini – This small robot can be controlled with your smartphone and teaches programming and robotics skills.
- Adult Coloring Books – Coloring books for adults have become popular in recent years and can be a great way to relax while also improving your focus and creativity.
- Language Learning Games – There are many language learning games available, such as “Codenames” or “Scrabble,” that can help you improve your language skills.
- Coding Games – There are many coding games available that can teach you the basics of programming, such as “Code Master” or “Robot Turtles.”
- Virtual Reality Headsets – Virtual reality headsets, such as the Oculus Quest, can be used for educational purposes, such as exploring historical sites or visiting museums from around the world.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.